SoundTrack_Cologne 20 announces nominees:
PEER RABEN MUSIC AWARD
Seven composers are nominated for the PEER RABEN MUSIC AWARD. The winner will be announced at the festive awards ceremony on June 23 at the COMEDIA Theater.
The PEER RABEN MUSIC AWARD honors the Best Original Music in a Short Film. The winner receives a prize money of 1,500 euros. First presented in 2009, the award commemorates the great German film composer Peer Raben.
Nominated are six film scores from six outstanding short films with innovative and dramaturgically coherent use of music and sound in relation to the narration.
The short films include stories about violence against women in the Middle East, about a magic record that reads the soul and plays memories, about the friendship of a young girl and her wise old dragon, about a neighborhood dispute as a musical feud that shakes the balconies of the disputants, about loneliness in old age and about a mysterious creature from Alpine folklore.
The nominees (in alphabetical order):
- Ros Gilman (THE LAST CLOUDWEAVER by Anna-Ester Voloz, United Kingdom)
- Rens Machielse & Willem Schneider (BALCONY CACOPHONY by Quentin Haberham, Netherlands)
- Jan Willem de With (ABIA by Sam Nutt, United Kingdom)
- Lukas Günther (DRUD by Florian Ecker, Germany)
- Jonathan Laskar (THE RECORD by Jonathan Laskar, Switzerland)
- Ana Krstajic (JOS JEDAN DAN / ONE MORE DAY by Radivoje Bukvic, Serbia)
The Jury members (in alphabetical order):
- Philipp Budweg, film producer (Lieblingsfilm)
- Sanna Salmenkallio, composer, HARPA Award winner 2022
- Jørund Samuelsen, composer, HARPA Award winner 2023
The Competition Screening will take place on Friday, June 23rd at 14:30 at Turistarama cinema and the award ceremony at 19:00 at COMEDIA Theater.
The nominees and their films will be presented to audience and jury under the moderation by André Feldhaus (composer).